Bingo is one of the categories of gambling games that attracts quite a number of players to land based venues throughout Australia, however with the introduction of the Interactive Gambling Act in 2001 and several amendments over the years to this act you are not going to see online bingo sites that are based outside of Australia advertised on the standard media outlets such as television or radio due to this act making it illegal to do so.
200% up to AUD$500
500% on 1st deposit
- List of Bingo sites accepts player from Australia:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What protection do I have playing bingo online?
- How much do online bingo tickets cost?
- Do online bingo sites have jackpot games?
- When is the best time to play bingo online?
- What is the legal age to play bingo online?
- What bingo games can I play online?
- Do I have to download any software?
- How do I know bingo games are fair?
- Are there any limits on how much I can win?
- Are bingo winnings taxable?
- Legal Commonwealth Licensing Jurisdictions
- Other Gambling Jurisdictions
That Act has not however stopped bingo players accessing and playing at bingo site based elsewhere in the world and in fact there are a huge number of bingo sites where players in Australia can and do gamble at.
To ensure you never run the risk of being ripped off, scammed or cheated when playing bingo online we have compiled the following guide that will give you a much deeper insight into the online bingo playing environment, and if it is an environment that is of interest to you then we invite you to read it thoroughly.
Below are the top ten most frequently asked questions from players who have taken an interest in playing bingo online, and all of these questions are answered below, so if you do have several questions you need to answers to in regards to you playing bingo online then do keep on reading.
You are only going to have protection in regards to accessing fair games and having some form of recourse in regards to you solving any problems playing at an online bingo site and having the ability to seek the assistance of any bingo sites gambling license issuer if you choose to play at bingo sites that are licensed in one of the more respected gambling jurisdictions, several of these for reference are listed at the foot of this guide, and there you will also find some gambling jurisdictions that you should avoid.
You will find that you can often play bingo completely free of charge at many online bingo sites, but if you choose to play for real money the price of online bingo site cards and tickets can be as low as one cent, however the prices can rise depending on the bingo site you are playing at and the type of bingo games you are playing.
Jackpot games are of course what many bingo players look forward to playing, and as such you are not going to find any shortages of high paying jackpot bingo games available online. The most common types of jackpot games are progressives ones and this will see the jackpot rising until it is won, players have to claim house in under a certain number of balls drawn out to win these types of jackpot bingo games, and if not won on one game the jackpot rolls over and then grows in value the next time that game is played online.
There is always going to be a bingo schedule displayed on any online bingo sites website and as such you will find bingo games being offered 24 hours a day, so no matter when you choose to log on to play you will always find games about to start, in fact most bingo sites have lot of different bingo games up and running, so you will never be far away from the next bingo game starting.
You need to be at least the age of 18 to be able to legally gamble in Australia. This age limit is in place at both land based bingo venues and also online bingo sites. If you choose to gamble online you will be required to prove your age, and this is often done by you sending in a scan of some form of identification document such as a Driving License of a copy of your Passport.
If any bingo site suspects you may be under the age of 18 then they will lock your account and will not reopen it until you have proven you are over the age of 18, so be prepared to supply identification documents if asked.
There are several standard and not so standard types of bingo games that you will come across when playing line, the most commonly played bingo games are the 75 and 90 ball bingo games, however you will find chat bingo games and 80 ball bingo games available and plenty of jackpot bingo games too.
Many bingo sites are available in a no download required format, and to access these types of bingo game you simply need to visit a bingo sites website, log in using your username and password and then you can instantly access and play the bingo games available at that site via your web browser.
Bingo sites that are licensed in the recognised online gambling license issuing jurisdictions have to prove that all of their random number generators work as they should and every single bingo game offered to players are completely fair and above board before being granted a gambling license, and those games and random number generators are regularly inspected to ensure they remain fair. This means by playing at fully licensed online bingo sites you will always be playing with complete confidence and peace of mind.
There will never be any maximum amount of cash you can win at most bingo sites as most sites offer progressive bingo games which grow in value until such a time as the jackpots are won. But do be aware that some online bingo sites may impose a restriction on just how much you can cash out per day, week or month, so always make sure that is something you consider when you are looking around for an online bingo site to sign up at, and opt to play at sites offering no maximum cash out limits.
You are not going to be charged tax on any winnings you accumulate from playing bingo online, whilst Australia does charge gambling taxes these taxes are levied on the actual companies and operators of gambling venues and sites, and as such you are never going to have to hand over a proportion of any winnings you make when you have been playing poker online. There is no current legislation in place to change the way gambling taxes are levied on gamblers and as such you are free to play bingo safe if the knowledge you are going to be playing in a tax free environment.
- UK Gambling Commission – If you come across any online bingo site that holds UK Gambling Commission issued license you will find those sites adhere to the very highest standards and operate to some of the most stringent guidelines in regards to integrity and fairness.
- Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner – Bingo sites that have been issued a gambling license in Gibraltar are regularly monitored and are highly regulated and as such you are never likely to experience any problems playing bingo online at such sites.
- Alderney Gambling Control Commission – Whilst not a large country more of an offshore isle Alderney has built up a solid reputation over the years as a respectable online gambling license issuer and there are many gambling sites who hold one of their licenses.
- Isle of Man Casino Control Commission – Another place that has a solid track record in regards to being a credible gambling license issuer is the Isle of Man and many online gambling companies have their head quarters on the Isle of Man.
There are of course other gambling license issuers who are sadly not as proactive in regards to protecting players at sites they have issued licenses for and below are two gambling license issuers whose sites you would be best off avoiding.
- Government of Curacao – You will find getting a gambling license in Curacao is easy as it is simply a case of pay your money and you will be given one, this does however mean the majority of gambling companies holding one of these licences are poor quality and poorly run sites which you are best off avoiding.
- Antigua Directorate of Offshore Gambling – One additional place where it is possible to obtain an online gambling site license is Antigua and sadly this is another place where there is no real player protection in place and players are strongly advised to stay away from bingo sites holding one of their licenses as you will have no way of seeking redress should you experience a problem at any site holding one of their licenses.