Best Strategies and Tips for Winning Roulette
Winning roulette is not an easy thing, be it online or in a brick-and-mortar casino. It is a pure game of chance, which is why most players rely on lady luck to help them.
Still, even though there isn’t much you can do to beat roulette, there are some tips and strategies you can employ if you want to increase your chances of winning.
That’s precisely why I thought I should use my experience and knowledge of roulette to help you beat the odds.
Having conducted extensive research, I’ve decided to offer a few of the best strategies and tips that are bound to get you to win more frequently.
With that in mind, allow me to introduce you to the leading strategies you need to try out. After that, I’ll give you a couple of tips as well.
Leading Roulette Strategies
The Martingale System
The Martingale strategy is probably the most famous roulette strategy in the world. It would be quite challenging for you to find a single advanced roulette player who hasn’t at least heard of it.
What’s more, even though this is one of the simplest strategies you can use, it’s also among the best ones. The main thing you need to do is double your bets every time you lose and revert to the initial bet every time you win. By doing this, you’ll be able to recoup your losses for as long as you have enough money to invest.
This system only works if you place a wager on red/black, even/odd, or 1-18/19-36. Since all of these bets feature two options, you will always have a 50% chance of winning.
Naturally, this system might become frustrating if you lose several times in a row, which is why you need to find a table where the minimum bet is small. That way, you’ll always have enough money to recoup your losses.
This system is almost a surefire way of winning at roulette, but bear in mind that the winnings will always be small, and you will have to be patient if you want to win a lot. Despite its flaws, the Martingale system is still one of the best roulette strategies, as winning is almost guaranteed.
The Labouchère System
Similar to the Martingale system, the Labouchère strategy also increases your stake after every lost bet. However, there are still some notable differences.
You need to set a goal of how much you aim to win and divide that amount into smaller numbers. Then, with every bet, you should combine the last number on the right and the first one on the left of the sequence and bet the amount you get. If you win the bet, cross the numbers out and use the next two numbers in the same manner. If you lose, add the amount you’ve just bet to the right end of the sequence.
For example, if you want to bet $100, you can create a sequence of, let’s say, 10, 20, 5, 15, 20, 5, 10, 5, 10. Take the first and the final $10, and place a bet for $20. If you win the bet, cross the numbers out and use the next two ($20 + $5 = $25). On the other hand, if you lose the initial bet, the next one should be $10 + $20 (from the bet you lost) = $30.
In many ways, the D’Alembert system is a safer alternative to the Martingale system. In fact, it’s almost the same as Martingale, but instead of doubling each losing bet, you need to increase it by one, which is a lot safer and doesn’t require a large bankroll.
Once again, you can use this strategy to bet on red/black, even/odd, and 1-18/19-36. With every bet you lose, you should increase the initial stake by one, and with every bet you win, you should decrease it by one.
It’s quite simple, isn’t it? Still, you should do the following if you want to win:
- Walk away once you’ve had an equal number of wins as losses
- Continue playing if you’re on a losing streak until your wins equal your losses
- If you’re on a winning streak, don’t stop playing as long as your wins equal the total number of your losses
If you follow the strategy, you’ll always manage to earn some money. However, you will have to keep track of the number of wins and losses you’ve had, so use a pen and paper or your phone to make notes.
Useful Roulette Winning Tips to Know
- Always play roulette games in the best casinos on the web. This will ensure that the games are fair and that the casino will pay out your winnings.
- Always play roulette games that offer the best odds. For example, your winning chances will be higher if you opt for European Roulette or French Roulette, as they both have a single zero. On the other hand, American Roulette has both a single zero and a double zero, which means that the house edge is higher.
- Your primary goal should be to have fun, not to win a lot of money. That’s why you should start playing roulette for free at first because you will get to see how interesting it is, even if there’s no money used. In fact, the money should just add excitement to the whole process. So, relax, listen to some music, and enjoy yourself.
- Be patient. You shouldn’t rush when you play roulette or any other game of chance, for that matter. You’ll make more sensible moves if you stop to think things through.
- If you want to play it safe, you should avoid betting on numbers. Instead, you should stick to even-money bets. These are red/black, even/odd, and 1-18/19-36. All of them have 1:1 odds, so you will always earn a profit equal to your stake. These bets are safe, but they are not too exciting. Therefore, if you want to feel an adrenaline rush, you should move to other bets. Still, bear in mind that they might lead to significant losses.
- Don’t try to study the patterns, as there are none. Every roulette game uses RNGs or random number generators, which means that each event in the game is entirely random. It might seem like there is a pattern from time to time, but trust me, it’s just a figment of your imagination.
- Set a bankroll before you start and never cross it. This is crucial, as you should always limit how much money you spend on gambling.
- Avoid the 666 strategy, as it requires you to bet on as many numbers as possible. This is entirely ridiculous in roulette, and it can only make you lose more money than you can win.
I hope that these strategies and tips will help you become a more proficient roulette player. Perhaps they’ll even lead you to fall in love with the game like I did. However, never forget that this is just a game, and you should treat it as such.
So, no playing for hours on end, and no betting more than your assigned bankroll. Continue playing for fun while using my advice, and you’ll start winning a lot more than before!