Since the Interactive Gambling Act became law in Australia back in the year 2001 it has been illegal for any online casino or in fact any type of online gambling site to offer their services by way of advertisements in Australia.
This piece of legislation of course hasn’t in any way stopped such sites and companies promoting their sites online, and as a casino game player based in Australia you will have hundreds of different online casinos that can and will accept you as a player.
200% upto $6000 Welcome Bonus
$400 Welcome Bonus + $15 FREE Bonus
- List of Casino sites accepts player from Australia:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know online casino games are fair?
- How do I fund online casino accounts?
- How quickly will I get my winnings sent to me?
- Is there a minimum legal age?
- Are land based games available online?
- Can I play Blackjack games online?
- Are online casino winnings taxable?
- How often are bonuses awarded at casino sites?
- How generous are online casino loyalty schemes?
- How high are online Pokie game payout percentages?
- Legal Commonwealth Licensing Jurisdictions
- Other Gambling Jurisdictions
We are sure as an Australian gambler who is thinking of opening up an online casino account you may have a whole host of questions that you are seeking the answers to, and as such below are some of the most commonly asked questions by such players.
You can play with complete confidence knowing that the casino games you are playing are fair and random if you always stick to playing at licensed online casino sites, and those sites must be licensed in a recognised and experienced gambling jurisdiction. There is however some places in the world that issue gambling licenses that cannot be relied on, and these are listed right at the foot of this page so always avoid gambling online at any such sites holding one of those particular gambling licenses.
It is of course going to be up to you how you send money into any online casino account you hold and have access to, however it is always worth remembering that many online casino banking options come with additional fees and charges. As an Australian online casino game player you will be best off using either a bank transfer or using your debit card to send funds into your online casino account, but make sure you use Australian Dollars as the base currency of all of your online casino accounts so as not to be hit with Forex charges!
You should not experience any long delays in regards to when you have requested your winning from an online casino site to them actually sending them and then you receiving those winnings, however all online casinos will have their own published time schedules in regards to paying winners which is always going to be dependent on just which banking option you have chosen to be paid out by.
You need to be at least the age of 18 to be able to legally gamble in Australia. This age limit is in place at both land based casino venues and also online casino sites. If you choose to gamble online you will be required to prove your age, and this is often done by you sending in a scan of some form of identification document such as a Driving License of a copy of your Passport.
If any casino suspects you may be under the age of 18 then they will lock your account and will not reopen it until you have proven you are over the age of 18, so be prepared to supply identification documents if asked.
You are not going to find Pokie games available from well known Australian based Pokie machine manufacturers are accessible to Australia based players online, but what you will come across in large numbers are Pokie machines from other companies who are not based in Australia, and all online casinos will have their own unique and exclusive pokies which you may have never seen or come across before.
Blackjack players are not going to have only a handful of variants available to them when logged into an online casino site, in fact quite the opposite. You are going to find that some online casinos have dozens of different variants of Blackjack available including single and multi hand games and some Blackjack games offer bonus bets, bonus payouts and even progressive jackpots can be won when playing some online Blackjack game variants.
You are not going to be charged tax on any winnings you accumulate from playing casino games online, whilst Australia does charge gambling taxes these taxes are levied on the actual companies and operators of gambling venues and sites, and as such you are never going to have to hand over a proportion of any winnings you amass when you have been playing poker online.
There is no current legislation in place to change the way gambling taxes are levied on gamblers and as such you are free to play online casino games safe if the knowledge you are going to be playing in a tax free environment.
If you want to lock in as much playing value when playing online casino games then this will be achieved by taking advantage of the many bonuses offered from such sites. All online casinos tend to offer overly generous initial sign up bonus offers to new players but many sites also reward players loyalty by offering ongoing bonuses, so be prepared to hunt around to get access to lots of regularly awarded bonus offers.
Getting rewarded for playing casino games in a real money environment is something you will naturally be expecting, for loyalty schemes and comp clubs are readily on offer at virtually all online and land based casinos all over the world. Shopping around can often pay dividends when you are thinking of playing casino games online for many casinos have their own unique type of loyalty club and some are way more generous than other in regards to the benefits and rewards you can earn when playing at some casinos online.
If you are getting tired of playing low paying Pokie games in your local gambling venue then you really should take notice of the Pokie machines offered at online casino sites, for there are lots of online pokies which have payout percentages that can be as high as 99%, and by playing those higher paying Pokies you will always get the best winning opportunities.
- UK Gambling Commission – Any online casino site that is licensed by the UK Gambling Commission will have been carefully vetted and as such you can play with complete confidence at any site holding one of their much sought after gambling licenses.
- Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner – Gibraltar earns a large amount of taxable revenue from issuing gambling licenses and taxing casino sites based and licensed on the outcrop, and as such they have a robust and very highly regulated online gambling environment, and one that will always ensure players are afforded the highest levels of protection and fair and honest casinos at which to gamble at online by any gambling company holding one of their licenses.
- Alderney Gambling Control Commission – Alderney is another gambling jurisdiction that has some of the highest standards in the industry and as such if you come across any online casino with one of their gambling licenses you should experience no problems what so ever, and if you do you have the Gambling Commission on hand to help you resolve those problems.
- Isle of Man Casino Control Commission – The Isle of Man is home to many online gambling related companies and online casino software and game designers and as such licensing, regulating and monitoring those companies is something the Isle of Man Casino Control Commission does very well.
Whilst all of the above named gambling license issuers offer players the very highest levels of protection if you find an online casino not licensed by the above but licensed by one of the two jurisdictions mentioned below you are best off avoiding them, for the reasons given below.
- Government of Curacao – The gambling licenses that the government of Curacao issue are given away to anyone who can afford to buy then and they are merely business licenses which allow companies to operate from within Curacao, so do not expect there to be any help on hand should you experience a problem at any site proclaiming to be licensed here.
- Antigua Directorate of Offshore Gambling – With no way of being able to contact the Antigua Directorate of Offshore Gambling in regards to you having a complaint it will be a fruitless exercise you trying to do so, this regulatory authority are a poorly run one and there is no protection at all afforded to players seeking any kind of redress to any company or gambling sites licensed here.